- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
CJHS and CHS students named to All-District Bands
Cape Central High School and Cape Central Junior High School band students auditioned November 6, for the Southeast Missouri Music Educator's Association's All-District Band. The audition included prepared selections as well as memorized scales. Students rehearsed at Jackson High School November 17th and performed in concert that evening in the Jackson High School Field House. CHS students selected for the Senior High All-District Band are, front row, left to right: Alex Mehner, Blake Mitchell and Matt Flanagan. Back row: Joy Mueller, George Kester, Winnie Smee, Bethany Morris and Claire Herbst. Heather Volkerding was not available for the photograph.
CJHS students selected for the Junior High All-District Band, pictured are: Keegan Stout, Elizabeth Ustinov, Katie Kinder, Maddy Gutierrez, Natalie Davis, Shaun Allen, Alicia Stull, Caylin Jordan, Korie Brewer, Harrison Ayers, Ella Valleroy and Rachel Thornsberry (alternate). The CJHS and CHS Bands are directed by Michael Harrer, Billy Keys and Josh LaMar.