- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
CJHS and CHS students named to All-District Bands
Cape Central High School and Cape Central Junior High School band students auditioned November 6, for the Southeast Missouri Music Educator's Association's All-District Band. The audition included prepared selections as well as memorized scales. Students rehearsed at Jackson High School November 17th and performed in concert that evening in the Jackson High School Field House. CHS students selected for the Senior High All-District Band are, front row, left to right: Alex Mehner, Blake Mitchell and Matt Flanagan. Back row: Joy Mueller, George Kester, Winnie Smee, Bethany Morris and Claire Herbst. Heather Volkerding was not available for the photograph.
CJHS students selected for the Junior High All-District Band, pictured are: Keegan Stout, Elizabeth Ustinov, Katie Kinder, Maddy Gutierrez, Natalie Davis, Shaun Allen, Alicia Stull, Caylin Jordan, Korie Brewer, Harrison Ayers, Ella Valleroy and Rachel Thornsberry (alternate). The CJHS and CHS Bands are directed by Michael Harrer, Billy Keys and Josh LaMar.