- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
CJHS and CHS students named to All-District Bands
Cape Central High School and Cape Central Junior High School band students auditioned November 6, for the Southeast Missouri Music Educator's Association's All-District Band. The audition included prepared selections as well as memorized scales. Students rehearsed at Jackson High School November 17th and performed in concert that evening in the Jackson High School Field House. CHS students selected for the Senior High All-District Band are, front row, left to right: Alex Mehner, Blake Mitchell and Matt Flanagan. Back row: Joy Mueller, George Kester, Winnie Smee, Bethany Morris and Claire Herbst. Heather Volkerding was not available for the photograph.
CJHS students selected for the Junior High All-District Band, pictured are: Keegan Stout, Elizabeth Ustinov, Katie Kinder, Maddy Gutierrez, Natalie Davis, Shaun Allen, Alicia Stull, Caylin Jordan, Korie Brewer, Harrison Ayers, Ella Valleroy and Rachel Thornsberry (alternate). The CJHS and CHS Bands are directed by Michael Harrer, Billy Keys and Josh LaMar.