- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
CJHS and CHS students named to All-District Bands
Cape Central High School and Cape Central Junior High School band students auditioned November 6, for the Southeast Missouri Music Educator's Association's All-District Band. The audition included prepared selections as well as memorized scales. Students rehearsed at Jackson High School November 17th and performed in concert that evening in the Jackson High School Field House. CHS students selected for the Senior High All-District Band are, front row, left to right: Alex Mehner, Blake Mitchell and Matt Flanagan. Back row: Joy Mueller, George Kester, Winnie Smee, Bethany Morris and Claire Herbst. Heather Volkerding was not available for the photograph.
CJHS students selected for the Junior High All-District Band, pictured are: Keegan Stout, Elizabeth Ustinov, Katie Kinder, Maddy Gutierrez, Natalie Davis, Shaun Allen, Alicia Stull, Caylin Jordan, Korie Brewer, Harrison Ayers, Ella Valleroy and Rachel Thornsberry (alternate). The CJHS and CHS Bands are directed by Michael Harrer, Billy Keys and Josh LaMar.