- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CJHS and CHS students named to All-District Bands
Cape Central High School and Cape Central Junior High School band students auditioned November 6, for the Southeast Missouri Music Educator's Association's All-District Band. The audition included prepared selections as well as memorized scales. Students rehearsed at Jackson High School November 17th and performed in concert that evening in the Jackson High School Field House. CHS students selected for the Senior High All-District Band are, front row, left to right: Alex Mehner, Blake Mitchell and Matt Flanagan. Back row: Joy Mueller, George Kester, Winnie Smee, Bethany Morris and Claire Herbst. Heather Volkerding was not available for the photograph.
CJHS students selected for the Junior High All-District Band, pictured are: Keegan Stout, Elizabeth Ustinov, Katie Kinder, Maddy Gutierrez, Natalie Davis, Shaun Allen, Alicia Stull, Caylin Jordan, Korie Brewer, Harrison Ayers, Ella Valleroy and Rachel Thornsberry (alternate). The CJHS and CHS Bands are directed by Michael Harrer, Billy Keys and Josh LaMar.