- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Jackson woman injured in wreck charged with DWI
A 19-year-old Jackson woman, who police say drove her car into a tree on Monday, has been charged with driving drunk, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
Vanessa K. Oliphant, 19, also faces criminal counts for possessing alcohol as a minor, reckless driving and operating a vehicle on a revoked license.
Oliphant was taken to a hospital with moderate injuries Monday after her 2008 Toyota Corolla veered off a Cape Girardeau County road and struck a tree, according to the patrol's online crash reports.
Oliphant in 2010 paid a $350 fine after she pleaded guilty to being visibly intoxicated.