- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
10 things Lauren Jones can't live without ...
It was by chance that Lauren Jones began studying yoga. At the time, she was a young, single working mom and student in New York City. She was taking a dance class, and when it was canceled one day, she decided to try a yoga class instead.
"I've never left the mat since," says Lauren, who now owns The Source -- Yoga 'N More in Cape Girardeau. "Yoga has enabled me to learn how to get through the tough times in life and to enjoy the day-to-day, the here and now."
Lauren instructs a variety of yoga methods, from core strength vinyasa to pre- and postnatal yoga to yoga for athletes. She has a degree in biology from Southern Methodist University and MBAs from Columbia Business School and London Business School. She's also involved in the American Cancer Society and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Here, 10 things Lauren says she can't live without:
1. Family, especially my husband and kiddos
2. Loyal friends
3. Good health
5. Yoga studio and our wonderful clients
6. Hopes and dreams
7. Human inspiration
10. My morning coffee with half and half!