- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
10 things Lauren Jones can't live without ...
It was by chance that Lauren Jones began studying yoga. At the time, she was a young, single working mom and student in New York City. She was taking a dance class, and when it was canceled one day, she decided to try a yoga class instead.
"I've never left the mat since," says Lauren, who now owns The Source -- Yoga 'N More in Cape Girardeau. "Yoga has enabled me to learn how to get through the tough times in life and to enjoy the day-to-day, the here and now."
Lauren instructs a variety of yoga methods, from core strength vinyasa to pre- and postnatal yoga to yoga for athletes. She has a degree in biology from Southern Methodist University and MBAs from Columbia Business School and London Business School. She's also involved in the American Cancer Society and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Here, 10 things Lauren says she can't live without:
1. Family, especially my husband and kiddos
2. Loyal friends
3. Good health
5. Yoga studio and our wonderful clients
6. Hopes and dreams
7. Human inspiration
10. My morning coffee with half and half!