- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)4
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
10 things Lauren Jones can't live without ...
It was by chance that Lauren Jones began studying yoga. At the time, she was a young, single working mom and student in New York City. She was taking a dance class, and when it was canceled one day, she decided to try a yoga class instead.
"I've never left the mat since," says Lauren, who now owns The Source -- Yoga 'N More in Cape Girardeau. "Yoga has enabled me to learn how to get through the tough times in life and to enjoy the day-to-day, the here and now."
Lauren instructs a variety of yoga methods, from core strength vinyasa to pre- and postnatal yoga to yoga for athletes. She has a degree in biology from Southern Methodist University and MBAs from Columbia Business School and London Business School. She's also involved in the American Cancer Society and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Here, 10 things Lauren says she can't live without:
1. Family, especially my husband and kiddos
2. Loyal friends
3. Good health
5. Yoga studio and our wonderful clients
6. Hopes and dreams
7. Human inspiration
10. My morning coffee with half and half!