- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
10 things Lauren Jones can't live without ...
It was by chance that Lauren Jones began studying yoga. At the time, she was a young, single working mom and student in New York City. She was taking a dance class, and when it was canceled one day, she decided to try a yoga class instead.
"I've never left the mat since," says Lauren, who now owns The Source -- Yoga 'N More in Cape Girardeau. "Yoga has enabled me to learn how to get through the tough times in life and to enjoy the day-to-day, the here and now."
Lauren instructs a variety of yoga methods, from core strength vinyasa to pre- and postnatal yoga to yoga for athletes. She has a degree in biology from Southern Methodist University and MBAs from Columbia Business School and London Business School. She's also involved in the American Cancer Society and Big Brothers Big Sisters. Here, 10 things Lauren says she can't live without:
1. Family, especially my husband and kiddos
2. Loyal friends
3. Good health
5. Yoga studio and our wonderful clients
6. Hopes and dreams
7. Human inspiration
10. My morning coffee with half and half!