- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Cigarette butt, DNA help police crack case on 2013 Cape copper heist (7/17/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Navy SEALs endorse Peter Kinder for governor (7/17/16)10
Prosecutors mull DWI charge in crash into house
A Cape Girardeau man has been released from police custody as prosecutors weigh whether to file criminal charges after he allegedly drove his SUV into a local home while under the influence.
The man was released late Monday said Cape Girardeau Police Deparment spokesman Darin Hickey. His name was still not being released, Hickey said, since no charges had been filed.
Residents of 1124 Good Hope St. were at home Sunday at about 9:50 p.m., when the car crashed through a wall. Police said after the incident that charges were expected to be filed that same day.
1124 Good Hope St., Cape Girardeau, MO