- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Prosecutors mull DWI charge in crash into house
A Cape Girardeau man has been released from police custody as prosecutors weigh whether to file criminal charges after he allegedly drove his SUV into a local home while under the influence.
The man was released late Monday said Cape Girardeau Police Deparment spokesman Darin Hickey. His name was still not being released, Hickey said, since no charges had been filed.
Residents of 1124 Good Hope St. were at home Sunday at about 9:50 p.m., when the car crashed through a wall. Police said after the incident that charges were expected to be filed that same day.
1124 Good Hope St., Cape Girardeau, MO