- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Interstate 55 in Perry County reduced for repairs
The Missouri Department of Transportation will reduce two sections of southbound Interstate 55 in Perry County to one lane for pavement repairs. Construction on the first section, from Route K to Route F, will begin 7 a.m., Tuesday with completion expected at 3 p.m. Wednesday. Work on the second section, from Route T to Highway 51, will begin 7 a.m., Thursday and be finished by 2:30 p.m., Friday. The work zone will be marked.
MoDOT to hold ribbon cutting ceremony in Scott City
The Missouri Department of Transportation will hold a ribbon-cutting ceremony to commemorate the completion of the outer road along Interstate 55 in Scott City at 10 a.m., Dec. 18. The ceremony will be held near William Nobbe & Co. Inc., located at 1400 E. Outer Road in Scott City. A new bridge was constructed over Ramsey Creek as well as grading, paving and signal installation at the I-55 and Route AB interchange. A new outer road also was built. For more information contact 472-5261, or go online to www.modot.org/southeast.