- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Cigarette butt, DNA help police crack case on 2013 Cape copper heist (7/17/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Navy SEALs endorse Peter Kinder for governor (7/17/16)10
New election set in Mo. House race for 2 precincts
KENNETT, Mo. -- Some voters in the Bootheel will be voting a second time in a Missouri House race.
The Daily Dunklin Democrat reported that a judge set a new election for Dec. 18 in two precincts of the 150th House District. Officials in Dunklin County had said it appears that some voters who live in the neighboring 152nd District were given ballots for the 150th District, and vice versa.
Officials said it appeared there were enough questionable votes to compromise the outcome in the state Legislature race. No other races appeared to have been affected.
Republican Kent Hampton defeated Democrat Tom Todd by 116 votes in the Nov. 6 election.
Todd's attorney says they are considering their legal options. Hampton's lawyer says he will not appeal.
Information from: Daily Dunklin Democrat, Kennett, Mo., http://www.dddnews.com