- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mother, child taken to hospital after Cape rollover accident
EDITOR'S NOTE: The day of the accident has been corrected.
A 2-month-old girl and her 28-year-old mother, both of Patton, Mo., were taken to a hospital late Tuesday morning after they were involved in a one-vehicle rollover accident. The driver of this Chevrolet pickup, John Johnson, said that he was driving west on William Street (Route K) when a driver pulled out of Walmart and started to skid on the wet pavement, which caused him to swerve, he said. Johnson, 50, said he didn't think his girlfriend or his daughter were injured, but the experience shook him. "It was scary," he said.