- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Prank call reports shooting, draws large response
An apparent prank caller Monday night reported a shooting in south Cape Girardeau, and the call drew a large response of police, fire and medical personnel, authorities said.
A call that came in about 9:15 p.m. alleged that someone had been shot in the 300 block of South Hanover, said Sgt. Rodney Barker of the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Officers with the police and fire departments, as well as an ambulance responded. Police searched the area without finding a crime scene.
Barker could not speak to the specifics of the response, but said it seemed to have been the work of a prank caller.
300 block of Hanover, Cape Girardeau, MO