- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson woman injured in one-vehicle accident
A 19-year-old Jackson woman suffered moderate injuries Monday an early-morning accident in which her car veered off a Cape Girardeau County road and into a tree, police said.
Vanessa K. Oliphant was driving her 2008 Toyota Corolla headed north on County Road 620 about a mile north of Cape Girardeau when the traffic accident took place, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol's online crash reports. Oliphant was wearing a seat belt, the report said, when the wreck occurred at about 12:30 a.m., the patrol said.
The collision totaled her car, trooper M.T. Turlington said in his report. She was taken by ambulance to a hospital.
County Road 620, Cape Girardeau County, MO