- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BENTON, Mo. -- Pauline Mack, 99, of Benton died Sunday, Dec. 2, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 9, 1913, in Williamson County, Ill., to Grover and Clara Presley Hefflin. She and Chester Sylvester Mack were married April 21, 1932, at Benton. He preceded her in death on July 1, 1991.
Pauline was a member of the United Methodist Church in Benton.
Survivors include three sons, James Mack of Chaffee, Mo., John Mack of Scott City, David Mack of Benton; seven daughters, Wanda Lee Rochell of Ocoee, Fla., Glenda Ruth Gosnell of Lake City, Fla., Mary Lou Hinton and Bonnie May Sitze of Cape Girardeau, Polly Ann Polacek of Waterloo, Ill., Connie Fay Spence of St. Louis, Brenda Kay Poole of Oak Ridge; a sister, Geraldine Hays of Lawton, Okla.; 25 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and 18 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, two brothers and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Calvin Brown officiating. Burial will be in Oakdale Cemetery at Commerce, Mo.