- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Allen Ervin Starzinger, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Dec. 2, 2012, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born Dec. 20, 1933, in Shawneetown to Wilhelm Gustav and Ida Louise Koeberl Starzinger.
Allen and Glenda Sue Singleton were married June 30, 1979. She died May 19, 2007.
He was a member of Cape County Cowboy Church. He farmed in the Shawneetown area from 1949 to 1969. He worked at Griffaw Furniture Manufacturing in Cape Girardeau from 1969 to 1985. He then worked at Southeast Hospital from 1986 until retiring in December 2003.
Allen is survived by a stepdaughter, Tina (Roger) Snell of Cape Girardeau; a stepson, Randy Niswonger of Jackson; three step-grandchildren, Lindsey and Hailey Reimann and Devin Niswonger.
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Glenda; and two half brothers, Edward and Rudolph Leimer.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Online condolences may be made at www.cracraftmiller.com.