- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Superintendent candidates to visit Dist. 32 campus
Superintendent candidates to tour District 32 campus, meet staff on Tuesday, Dec. 4
The Perry County School District 32 Board of Education will welcome three candidates for the superintendent's position to campus on Tuesday.
The finalists were selected by board members from 15 candidates. They are Dr. Aaron Cornman, who is the superintendent at Pierce City R-VI Public Schools in Pierce City; Scott Ireland, who is superintendent of Pleasant Hope R-VI School District in Pleasant Hope; and Dr. Jonathan Oetinger, who is assistant superintendent for business and operations of Waynesville R-VI School District in Waynesville.
The candidates will be given tours of the schools and campus on Tuesday afternoon, Dec. 4 and then meet with District 32 administrators.
The Board of Education will meet in a special session Tuesday evening to allow district staff to meet the candidates. Dr. Cornman will meet the staff at 4 pm, Mr. Ireland will visit at 5:15 pm and Dr. Oetinger will meet the staff at 6:30 pm.
The board hopes to have the new superintendent hired by the middle of December. In September, current superintendent Kevin Dunn announced his plan to retire at the end of the school year after 31 years in education, the last 6 as superintendent at District 32.