- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Toy donations appreciated
I wish to thank those members of the community who donated to the Toys For Tots program during the Parade of Lights last Sunday evening. What an awesome display of generosity. During the parade route, the Marine Corps League received 505 toys, getting our wish of "A Truck Full of Toys." This was the largest single donation to the Toys For Tots campaign so far this year, and it will enable our local program to bring the joy of Christmas, and send a message of hope, to this community's less fortunate children.
Kudos to Old Town Cape for organizing and executing another wonderful holiday parade, and thanks for allowing the Toys For Tots program to benefit from it. I also wish to thank the local media -- TV, radio and newspaper -- for helping us to get the word out. Without their help, we could not have achieved such success. We are fortunate to live in a very generous and thoughtful community. Thanks again.
coordinator, Toys For Tots, Cape Girardeau