- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Toy donations appreciated
I wish to thank those members of the community who donated to the Toys For Tots program during the Parade of Lights last Sunday evening. What an awesome display of generosity. During the parade route, the Marine Corps League received 505 toys, getting our wish of "A Truck Full of Toys." This was the largest single donation to the Toys For Tots campaign so far this year, and it will enable our local program to bring the joy of Christmas, and send a message of hope, to this community's less fortunate children.
Kudos to Old Town Cape for organizing and executing another wonderful holiday parade, and thanks for allowing the Toys For Tots program to benefit from it. I also wish to thank the local media -- TV, radio and newspaper -- for helping us to get the word out. Without their help, we could not have achieved such success. We are fortunate to live in a very generous and thoughtful community. Thanks again.
coordinator, Toys For Tots, Cape Girardeau