- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)26
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Toy donations appreciated
I wish to thank those members of the community who donated to the Toys For Tots program during the Parade of Lights last Sunday evening. What an awesome display of generosity. During the parade route, the Marine Corps League received 505 toys, getting our wish of "A Truck Full of Toys." This was the largest single donation to the Toys For Tots campaign so far this year, and it will enable our local program to bring the joy of Christmas, and send a message of hope, to this community's less fortunate children.
Kudos to Old Town Cape for organizing and executing another wonderful holiday parade, and thanks for allowing the Toys For Tots program to benefit from it. I also wish to thank the local media -- TV, radio and newspaper -- for helping us to get the word out. Without their help, we could not have achieved such success. We are fortunate to live in a very generous and thoughtful community. Thanks again.
coordinator, Toys For Tots, Cape Girardeau