- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Toy donations appreciated
I wish to thank those members of the community who donated to the Toys For Tots program during the Parade of Lights last Sunday evening. What an awesome display of generosity. During the parade route, the Marine Corps League received 505 toys, getting our wish of "A Truck Full of Toys." This was the largest single donation to the Toys For Tots campaign so far this year, and it will enable our local program to bring the joy of Christmas, and send a message of hope, to this community's less fortunate children.
Kudos to Old Town Cape for organizing and executing another wonderful holiday parade, and thanks for allowing the Toys For Tots program to benefit from it. I also wish to thank the local media -- TV, radio and newspaper -- for helping us to get the word out. Without their help, we could not have achieved such success. We are fortunate to live in a very generous and thoughtful community. Thanks again.
coordinator, Toys For Tots, Cape Girardeau