- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)22
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)10
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
HDSA Family Christmas Party
The Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosted its Sixth Annual Family Christmas Party on Saturday December 1 in Cape Girardeau. Families enjoyed lunch; children played Christmas Limbo; and then came the much-anticipated visit by Santa. Santa distributed gifts to the children before exiting to the sound of sleigh bells.
Heartland Down Syndrome Association was founded in 2006 and is a support group for families of children with Down syndrome. The group is a Community Group of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis, which has served families in the area for over 35 years. In Southeast Missouri, Heartland Down Syndrome Association offers monthly support group meetings for parents, educational presentations to enhance parents' abilities to manage their children's special needs, and several fun family activities each year, including the Christmas Party, Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk, and a summer picnic. Most meetings and events are in the Cape Girardeau area, but the group and its activities are available to anyone who may wish to participate.
For more information about Heartland Down Syndrome Association, see our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.