- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
HDSA Family Christmas Party
The Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosted its Sixth Annual Family Christmas Party on Saturday December 1 in Cape Girardeau. Families enjoyed lunch; children played Christmas Limbo; and then came the much-anticipated visit by Santa. Santa distributed gifts to the children before exiting to the sound of sleigh bells.
Heartland Down Syndrome Association was founded in 2006 and is a support group for families of children with Down syndrome. The group is a Community Group of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis, which has served families in the area for over 35 years. In Southeast Missouri, Heartland Down Syndrome Association offers monthly support group meetings for parents, educational presentations to enhance parents' abilities to manage their children's special needs, and several fun family activities each year, including the Christmas Party, Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk, and a summer picnic. Most meetings and events are in the Cape Girardeau area, but the group and its activities are available to anyone who may wish to participate.
For more information about Heartland Down Syndrome Association, see our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.