- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
HDSA Family Christmas Party
The Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosted its Sixth Annual Family Christmas Party on Saturday December 1 in Cape Girardeau. Families enjoyed lunch; children played Christmas Limbo; and then came the much-anticipated visit by Santa. Santa distributed gifts to the children before exiting to the sound of sleigh bells.
Heartland Down Syndrome Association was founded in 2006 and is a support group for families of children with Down syndrome. The group is a Community Group of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis, which has served families in the area for over 35 years. In Southeast Missouri, Heartland Down Syndrome Association offers monthly support group meetings for parents, educational presentations to enhance parents' abilities to manage their children's special needs, and several fun family activities each year, including the Christmas Party, Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk, and a summer picnic. Most meetings and events are in the Cape Girardeau area, but the group and its activities are available to anyone who may wish to participate.
For more information about Heartland Down Syndrome Association, see our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.