- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
HDSA Family Christmas Party
The Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosted its Sixth Annual Family Christmas Party on Saturday December 1 in Cape Girardeau. Families enjoyed lunch; children played Christmas Limbo; and then came the much-anticipated visit by Santa. Santa distributed gifts to the children before exiting to the sound of sleigh bells.
Heartland Down Syndrome Association was founded in 2006 and is a support group for families of children with Down syndrome. The group is a Community Group of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis, which has served families in the area for over 35 years. In Southeast Missouri, Heartland Down Syndrome Association offers monthly support group meetings for parents, educational presentations to enhance parents' abilities to manage their children's special needs, and several fun family activities each year, including the Christmas Party, Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk, and a summer picnic. Most meetings and events are in the Cape Girardeau area, but the group and its activities are available to anyone who may wish to participate.
For more information about Heartland Down Syndrome Association, see our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.