- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Scott City council passes measures to block treatment plant project (10/10/17)1
HDSA Family Christmas Party
The Heartland Down Syndrome Association hosted its Sixth Annual Family Christmas Party on Saturday December 1 in Cape Girardeau. Families enjoyed lunch; children played Christmas Limbo; and then came the much-anticipated visit by Santa. Santa distributed gifts to the children before exiting to the sound of sleigh bells.
Heartland Down Syndrome Association was founded in 2006 and is a support group for families of children with Down syndrome. The group is a Community Group of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis, which has served families in the area for over 35 years. In Southeast Missouri, Heartland Down Syndrome Association offers monthly support group meetings for parents, educational presentations to enhance parents' abilities to manage their children's special needs, and several fun family activities each year, including the Christmas Party, Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk, and a summer picnic. Most meetings and events are in the Cape Girardeau area, but the group and its activities are available to anyone who may wish to participate.
For more information about Heartland Down Syndrome Association, see our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.