- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Flu cases on the rise this year in Missouri
ST. LOUIS -- The number of flu cases is on the rise in Missouri.
KMOX Radio reported that state health officials cited 451 new cases in the past week for 2,088 confirmed this season. That is a nearly tenfold increase over the average for the past five years at this point in the flu season.
Children ages 5 to 14 make up 976 of the cases -- about 3,000 percent higher than average.
Information from: KMOX-AM, http://www.kmox.com