- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Southeast women's soccer team earns OVC sportsmanship honor
The Southeast Missouri State women's soccer program was recognized Wednesday as the recipient of the Ohio Valley Conference's Team Sportsmanship Award.
Southeast was 7-10-4 overall and fourth in the OVC at 5-3-2, then advanced to the semifinals of the OVC tourney. The Redhawks were hit with the in-season death of senior Meg Herndon after a motor vehicle accident.
"Our team is truly honored to receive the sportsmanship award," Southeast coach Heather Nelson said in a release. "Being recognized by fellow student-athletes within the conference speaks volumes about our team as a whole and is a testament to the integrity and strength of character that each individual within our program has demonstrated in this most challenging of seasons."
-- From staff reports