- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Democratic candidate could win
It is a great disappointment that Cape Girardeau County Democratic lawyers are afraid to take an appointment because they would lose in two years. (Greaser bows out; two remain, Southeast Missourian, Nov. 18, by Scott Moyers.)
I defeated an entrenched Cape Girardeau County Republican prosecuting attorney in 1962, and I defeated Republican candidates for my second and third terms. The same thing could be done now.
BILL D. BURLISON, Wardell, Mo.