- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Democratic candidate could win
It is a great disappointment that Cape Girardeau County Democratic lawyers are afraid to take an appointment because they would lose in two years. (Greaser bows out; two remain, Southeast Missourian, Nov. 18, by Scott Moyers.)
I defeated an entrenched Cape Girardeau County Republican prosecuting attorney in 1962, and I defeated Republican candidates for my second and third terms. The same thing could be done now.
BILL D. BURLISON, Wardell, Mo.