- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Democratic candidate could win
It is a great disappointment that Cape Girardeau County Democratic lawyers are afraid to take an appointment because they would lose in two years. (Greaser bows out; two remain, Southeast Missourian, Nov. 18, by Scott Moyers.)
I defeated an entrenched Cape Girardeau County Republican prosecuting attorney in 1962, and I defeated Republican candidates for my second and third terms. The same thing could be done now.
BILL D. BURLISON, Wardell, Mo.