- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Democratic candidate could win
It is a great disappointment that Cape Girardeau County Democratic lawyers are afraid to take an appointment because they would lose in two years. (Greaser bows out; two remain, Southeast Missourian, Nov. 18, by Scott Moyers.)
I defeated an entrenched Cape Girardeau County Republican prosecuting attorney in 1962, and I defeated Republican candidates for my second and third terms. The same thing could be done now.
BILL D. BURLISON, Wardell, Mo.