MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- A house on County Road 304 in Bollinger County received fire damage in one room and heat and smoke damage in others after a cigarette caught fire to a mattress.
According to Marble Hill Fire Department chief Jim Bollinger, fire crews arrived at the scene at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday.
They found that only one of the three responding firetrucks -- a brush truck -- was able to make it up the property's narrow, rutted driveway.
A brush truck is a four-wheel-drive vehicle with firefighting equipment generally used for brush and trash fires.
Using what Bollinger called a "glorified water hose" from the brush truck, firefighters contained the blaze to one room. Heat and smoke damage occurred on the main level and in the basement.
There were no injuries, and, according to Bollinger, the house is repairable.
County Road 304, Marble Hill, MO