- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cessell Mary Jenkins, 91, of Jackson, passed away Monday, Nov. 26, 2012, at Heartland Care and Rehab in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 24, 1921, in Savannah, Tenn., daughter of John William and Bertha Mae Clement Miller. She and James Harold Jenkins were married Aug. 13, 1948, in East Prairie. He passed away July 21, 1982.
Cessell was a loving mother, sister, friend and a wonderful grandmother.
Loving survivors include a daughter, Mary Lou (Rolwing) Blackburn of Sikeston, Mo.; a son, Don (Wanda) Darby of Jackson; a sister, Bertie Rodgers of Florida; and a brother, Doug Miller of California; four grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at 2 p.m. Friday until service time at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson. Memorial service will be 3 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Chris Vaught officiating.
Inurnment will follow in Hagy Cemetery in Dexter, Mo.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.