- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Best-selling author to visit Scott City church
New York Times best-seller author Wm. Paul Young will be in Scott City at the First Assembly of God Church for a book signing to promote his new book "Cross Roads."
Young is best known for his top-selling book "The Shack" which spent 50 weeks at No. 1 on The New York Times best-seller list and sold 18 million copies. "The Shack" told the story of a man rediscovering his lost faith after the murder of his 5-year-old daughter. In his new book, Young tells the story of a man who falls into a coma and begins revisiting choices he made during his life.
Young wrote "The Shack" as a gift to his children as a way to communicate to them what was important to him. "It's one man's journey to understand God during tragedy," he said. "It was a gift, and I never expected to publish it. I made 15 copies at Office Depot then went back to work."
Randy Morse, pastor at First Assembly of God, was instrumental in getting Scott City added to the list of cities for Young's book tour.
"Paul is actually a friend of a friend, and we were extremely lucky that a spot opened up for us to be able to bring him here for this book signing," Morse said, adding that he is expecting a huge turnout with Barnes & Noble helping to facilitate the event.
Young was recently on the Today Show and has been interviewed by People magazine. Young will also speak to the students at Scott City Public Schools on Friday. The book signing will take place at the First Assembly of God Church in Scott City from 6-8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30.