- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Peggy Morgan Ebner, 65, of Jackson passed away Saturday, Nov. 25, 2012 at her home.
She was born Aug. 8, 1947, in Royalton, Ill., to Paul and Wilma Barnett Morgan.
Ebner attended Hurst High School and had worked as a secretary for Southern Illinois University's chancellor's office.
She is survived by son, Brian Ebner; daughter, Lisa Shelton; two grandchildren, Bradley and Megan Ebner, all of Jackson; and two brothers, Lindell and Marvin Taitt of Royalton.
Her parents and a brother, Thomas Morgan, preceded her in death.
In accordance with her wishes she was cremated. A memorial service and inurnment will be at 11 a.m., Friday at Blairsville Cemetery with the Rev. Chris Vaught officiating.
There will be no visitation; family and friends are asked to gather at the cemetery before the services Friday.
A reception will be held following the services beginning at 4 p.m. Friday at the home of Brian Ebner, 650 Wellington Drive, Jackson.
Ford & Sons Funeral Home and Vantrease Funeral Homes Inc. of Royalton and Zeigler are handling the arrangements.