- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Ann Laxton
Mary Ann Laxton, 66, of Scott City, formerly of Chaffee, Mo., passed away Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012, at the family home in Scott City.
Mary was born Sept. 11, 1946, in Allenville to the late Crayton and Ora Chapman Drennan.
She was a housekeeper at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau. Mary was a member of Christian Mission Church in Benton, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Brian Laxton of Marble Hill, Mo., and Charles "Chuck" Laxton of Odessa, Texas; a daughter, Angie (Larry) Buckles of Chaffee; five grandchildren, Shayla Grebe, Cody Laxton, Kristen Laxton, Joseph Laxton and Lucy Laxton; four great-grandchildren, Brenlie Laxton, Cameron Laxton, Cody Laxton Jr. and Micha Laxton.
She was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Sidney Laxton officiating. Burial will be at Lightner Cemetery in Scott City.