- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Helen M. Morse, 84, of Cape Girardeau, was ushered into Heaven, surrounded by her loving children Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012, at the home of her son, Randy Morse, and her daughter-in-law, Barb.
She was born June 28, 1928, in Cape Girardeau. She and Claude "Pete" Morse were married Aug. 24, 1945. He preceded her in death in 1992. Morse was a charter member of LaCroix United Methodist Church. She loved working in the nursery with the precious babies.
Loving survivors include her son, Randy (Barb) Morse of Cape Girardeau; daughter, Sandy (Don) Burton of Paducah, Ky.; sister, Margie Reed of Waterloo, Ill.; grandchildren, Erik (Andrea) Morse and Emily Morse, both of Columbia, Mo.; two great-grandchildren, Oliver and Amelia Morse of Columbia; several nieces and nephews; and a dear friend of 75 years, Madge Friese of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her husband, her parents, her brother and her beloved granddaughter, Staci Underwood.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Rob Mehner officiating.
Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to Crown Hospice, 2858 Professional Court, Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Her family wishes to express their sincere appreciation for the compassionate care they provided their mother.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.