- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Three arrested in Perryville for credit card forgery
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- A woman and two men suspected of forgery and possessing a forging instrument remained in custody Monday in the Perry County Jail after their Friday arrest in Perryville.
The three suspects, Faisal D. Elmi, 32, and Lisa D. Paige, 43, both of Alexandria, Va., and Mamadou A. Sall, 25, of Cheverly, Md., are being held on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
According to police chief Keith Tarrillion, the Perryville Police Department on Friday was notified by a man from Battle Creek, Mich., that his credit card numbers had been used at a Perryville convenience store. Responding officers reviewed video footage taken at the store and found the suspects had used a credit card at a fuel pump. The card had also been used to purchase nearly $240 in cigarettes and more than $1,000 in other purchases at various locations in Perryville.
Police found the suspects in a Perryville motel and arrested them. A search warrant was obtained for their motel room and police officers, along with agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Secret Service, found a laptop computer that was connected to a stripe-card reader and writer, and also found more than 100 credit cards that had been created with numbers belonging to legitimate credit card holders. Twenty-three additional fake credit cards were found in a car belonging to Paige.
710 S. Kingshighway, Perryville, Mo.