- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Three arrested in Perryville for credit card forgery
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- A woman and two men suspected of forgery and possessing a forging instrument remained in custody Monday in the Perry County Jail after their Friday arrest in Perryville.
The three suspects, Faisal D. Elmi, 32, and Lisa D. Paige, 43, both of Alexandria, Va., and Mamadou A. Sall, 25, of Cheverly, Md., are being held on a $50,000 cash-only bond.
According to police chief Keith Tarrillion, the Perryville Police Department on Friday was notified by a man from Battle Creek, Mich., that his credit card numbers had been used at a Perryville convenience store. Responding officers reviewed video footage taken at the store and found the suspects had used a credit card at a fuel pump. The card had also been used to purchase nearly $240 in cigarettes and more than $1,000 in other purchases at various locations in Perryville.
Police found the suspects in a Perryville motel and arrested them. A search warrant was obtained for their motel room and police officers, along with agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Secret Service, found a laptop computer that was connected to a stripe-card reader and writer, and also found more than 100 credit cards that had been created with numbers belonging to legitimate credit card holders. Twenty-three additional fake credit cards were found in a car belonging to Paige.
710 S. Kingshighway, Perryville, Mo.