- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Wm. Paul Young Coming to Scott City
Wm. Paul Young, Christian author will be at Scott City First Assembly of God signing his new book Cross Roads. Hachette Publishing is flying him into Cape Girardeau Regional Airport Friday Nov. 30th. He will be speaking at Scott City Schools and then coming to the church located on 312 Dearborn to sign his new book from 6 -8 pm.
Paul's first book, "The Shack" won critical acclaim and was on the New York Times best sellers list for 50 weeks. Paul said it took 13 months for the Shack to make it, his current book made the NY Times top 10 after 1 week. Pastor Randy Morse met Paul through a mutual friend and Paul consented to come to Southeast Missouri on his nationwide tour. Barnes and Noble will be onsite with the new book. Pastor Randy said, "Everyone is invited and bring the Shack by and have it signed too."