- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Wm. Paul Young Coming to Scott City
Wm. Paul Young, Christian author will be at Scott City First Assembly of God signing his new book Cross Roads. Hachette Publishing is flying him into Cape Girardeau Regional Airport Friday Nov. 30th. He will be speaking at Scott City Schools and then coming to the church located on 312 Dearborn to sign his new book from 6 -8 pm.
Paul's first book, "The Shack" won critical acclaim and was on the New York Times best sellers list for 50 weeks. Paul said it took 13 months for the Shack to make it, his current book made the NY Times top 10 after 1 week. Pastor Randy Morse met Paul through a mutual friend and Paul consented to come to Southeast Missouri on his nationwide tour. Barnes and Noble will be onsite with the new book. Pastor Randy said, "Everyone is invited and bring the Shack by and have it signed too."