- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Wm. Paul Young Coming to Scott City
Wm. Paul Young, Christian author will be at Scott City First Assembly of God signing his new book Cross Roads. Hachette Publishing is flying him into Cape Girardeau Regional Airport Friday Nov. 30th. He will be speaking at Scott City Schools and then coming to the church located on 312 Dearborn to sign his new book from 6 -8 pm.
Paul's first book, "The Shack" won critical acclaim and was on the New York Times best sellers list for 50 weeks. Paul said it took 13 months for the Shack to make it, his current book made the NY Times top 10 after 1 week. Pastor Randy Morse met Paul through a mutual friend and Paul consented to come to Southeast Missouri on his nationwide tour. Barnes and Noble will be onsite with the new book. Pastor Randy said, "Everyone is invited and bring the Shack by and have it signed too."