- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- State of emergency declared in Missouri (2/24/18)1
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)6
No Powerball winner; jackpot rises to record $425 million
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Lottery officials say nobody has won the Powerball jackpot, and the top prize now will increase to about $425 million for the next drawing, the largest jackpot ever for the game.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said sales were strong during the Thnksfiving holiday week for Saturday's drawing, estimated at $325 million before the numbers were picked. That was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game's history.
Neubauer said the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million, because sales pick up in the days before record drawings.
The Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by ConAgra Foods Workers in Lincoln, Neb.