- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)13
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
No Powerball winner; jackpot rises to record $425 million
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Lottery officials say nobody has won the Powerball jackpot, and the top prize now will increase to about $425 million for the next drawing, the largest jackpot ever for the game.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said sales were strong during the Thnksfiving holiday week for Saturday's drawing, estimated at $325 million before the numbers were picked. That was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game's history.
Neubauer said the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million, because sales pick up in the days before record drawings.
The Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by ConAgra Foods Workers in Lincoln, Neb.