- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
No Powerball winner; jackpot rises to record $425 million
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Lottery officials say nobody has won the Powerball jackpot, and the top prize now will increase to about $425 million for the next drawing, the largest jackpot ever for the game.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said sales were strong during the Thnksfiving holiday week for Saturday's drawing, estimated at $325 million before the numbers were picked. That was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game's history.
Neubauer said the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million, because sales pick up in the days before record drawings.
The Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by ConAgra Foods Workers in Lincoln, Neb.