- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
No Powerball winner; jackpot rises to record $425 million
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Lottery officials say nobody has won the Powerball jackpot, and the top prize now will increase to about $425 million for the next drawing, the largest jackpot ever for the game.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said sales were strong during the Thnksfiving holiday week for Saturday's drawing, estimated at $325 million before the numbers were picked. That was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game's history.
Neubauer said the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million, because sales pick up in the days before record drawings.
The Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by ConAgra Foods Workers in Lincoln, Neb.