- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
No Powerball winner; jackpot rises to record $425 million
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Lottery officials say nobody has won the Powerball jackpot, and the top prize now will increase to about $425 million for the next drawing, the largest jackpot ever for the game.
Iowa Lottery spokeswoman Mary Neubauer said sales were strong during the Thnksfiving holiday week for Saturday's drawing, estimated at $325 million before the numbers were picked. That was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game's history.
Neubauer said the jackpot for Wednesday's drawing could go even higher than the estimated $425 million, because sales pick up in the days before record drawings.
The Powerball numbers for Saturday were 22-32-37-44-50, and the Powerball was 34.
The previous top Powerball prize was $365 million, won in 2006 by ConAgra Foods Workers in Lincoln, Neb.