- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Accident leaves man in hospital
EDITOR'S NOTE: This story has been corrected.
A crash on Highway A in Scott County on Friday afternoon sent one man to the hospital with serious injuries.
Norbert Kluesner, 92, of Benton, Mo., was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau after the John Deer Gator utility vehicle he was driving southbound collided with an eastbound vehicle driven by Matthew Glastetter, 32, of Benton, Mo. The crash happened at about 3 p.m., two miles east of New Hamburg, Mo., according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
It was reported Kluesner was not wearing a seatbelt. Glastetter was wearing a seatbelt and sustained no injuries.
Kluesner remained in serious condition at Saint Francis Medical Center on Saturday.
Pertinent address: Highway A, Scott County, Mo.