- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Accident leaves man in hospital
EDITOR'S NOTE: This story has been corrected.
A crash on Highway A in Scott County on Friday afternoon sent one man to the hospital with serious injuries.
Norbert Kluesner, 92, of Benton, Mo., was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau after the John Deer Gator utility vehicle he was driving southbound collided with an eastbound vehicle driven by Matthew Glastetter, 32, of Benton, Mo. The crash happened at about 3 p.m., two miles east of New Hamburg, Mo., according to the Missouri Highway Patrol.
It was reported Kluesner was not wearing a seatbelt. Glastetter was wearing a seatbelt and sustained no injuries.
Kluesner remained in serious condition at Saint Francis Medical Center on Saturday.
Pertinent address: Highway A, Scott County, Mo.