- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Trooper arrests two for meth possession
A man and woman are facing felony charges after their arrest early Saturday morning in Scott County.
Bryan T. Dyson, 30, of Jackson, Mich., and Josephine V. Zapata, 36, of Olathe, Kan., were arrested at about 4:30 a.m. after a Missouri State Highway Patrol trooper pulled over their vehicle.
Zapata was charged with of possession of methamphetamine, unlawful use of drug paraphernalia, driving while intoxicated (drugs), driving while suspended and for not having insurance.
Dyson was charged with possession of methamphetamine and unlawful use of drug paraphernalia.
The suspects were being held Saturday in the Scott County Jail pending formal charges.
Pertinent address: 131 S. New Madrid St., Benton, Mo.