- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Christmas tree shipment dumped in Austrian garden
VIENNA -- An early seasonal delivery went badly wrong in Austria when a truck was involved in a crash and dumped 14 tons of Christmas trees in a resident's garden.
Police in Vorarlberg state, at Austria's western tip, say the accident happened Friday night as a truck with a trailer loaded with trees drove through the town of Hohenems.
The trailer hit a wall, tipped over and landed in the garden of a house. A police statement Saturday said that the fire service dispatched 30 people to recover the hundreds of fir trees.
A passenger in the truck was injured and taken to a hospital.