- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)12
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Christmas tree shipment dumped in Austrian garden
VIENNA -- An early seasonal delivery went badly wrong in Austria when a truck was involved in a crash and dumped 14 tons of Christmas trees in a resident's garden.
Police in Vorarlberg state, at Austria's western tip, say the accident happened Friday night as a truck with a trailer loaded with trees drove through the town of Hohenems.
The trailer hit a wall, tipped over and landed in the garden of a house. A police statement Saturday said that the fire service dispatched 30 people to recover the hundreds of fir trees.
A passenger in the truck was injured and taken to a hospital.