- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Pingel - Jenkins
Lindsey Shea Pingel and Curtis Michael Jenkins were married July 21, 2012, at Lynwood Baptist Church. The Rev. Mark Anderson, pastor, performed the ceremony. Pianist was Shane Steck and guitarist was Will Anderson, both of Cape Girardeau. Soloists were Elizabeth Soto of Kansas City, Mo., and Will Anderson.
The bride is the daughter of Dale and Rene Pingel of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Michael and Debbie Jenkins of Clinton, Tenn.
Matron of honor was Whitney Bandermann of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Lily Swafford of Dallas, Texas; Monica Toole of Cape Girardeau; Kelsie Shearrer, Nicole Humphrey and Courtney Miller of Columbia, Mo.; Erin Ressler of Cape Girardeau; Beth Dabbs of Springfield, Ill., and Amanda McAmis of Clinton, sisters of the groom; and Elizabeth Soto.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Eli Woods of Oliver Springs, Tenn.; Travis Davis of Clinton; Hollis Rice and Seth Crowe of Knoxville, Tenn.; Todd Codemo of Warrensburg, Mo.; Josh Garza of Pleasant View, Tenn.; Ryan Dabbs of Springfield and Clay McAmis of Clinton, brothers-in-law of the groom; and Ryan Bandermann of Cape Girardeau, brother-in-law of the bride. Groomsmen were also ushers.
Candlelighter was Mary Kate Kegley of Clinton, cousin of the groom.
Flower girl was Ebby Lee Slaughter, daughter of Tab and Erika Slaughter of McKinney, Texas, and cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Andrew McAmis, son of Clay and Amanda Amis and nephew of the groom.
Program and guest book attendants were Shormie Ali and Olivia Jenkins of Cape Girardeau.
A dinner and dance reception was held at Deerfield Lodge. Reception attendants were Brittany Egley, Hillary Kinsel and Katie Meinhardt of Columbia.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 20 at Buckner's.
Mrs. Jenkins is a 2008 graduate of Central High School. She graduated cum laude in May 2012 from the University of Missouri-Columbia Sinclair School of Nursing with a bachelor of science degree in nursing. She is a registered nurse in the Blood and Marrow Transplant Unit at Centennial Hospital in Nashville, Tenn.
The groom is a 2005 graduate of Clinton High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in biochemistry and cellular and molecular biology from the University of Tennessee in 2010. He expects to receive a doctorate in pharmacy from Lipscomb University in Nashville in May 2014. He is a pharmacy intern at Walmart in Nashville.
After a wedding trip to St. John's, Antigua, the couple is residing in Nashville.