- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cardinals' David Freese OK after wreck
WILDWOOD, Mo. (AP) -- St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese is OK after crashing his SUV while trying to avoid a deer.
The accident happened Thursday afternoon in the St. Louis suburb of Wildwood. The 29-year-old most valuable player of the 2011 World Series crashed his black 2011 Range Rover into a tree but missed the deer.
Freese refused medical attention and his SUV was towed from the scene. Investigators say alcohol was not a factor in the accident.