- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Forrest H. Jackson, 79, of Jackson died Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2012 at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 13, 1933, at Bell City, Mo., son of the late Tom and Myrtle Jackson.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife, Edith Jackson; three sons, Jeff Jackson of Jackson, Robert Jackson of St. Louis and Dale Jackson of Dexter, Mo.; five grandchildren; a brother, Joe Jackson of Sikeston, Mo.; five sisters, Dorothy Bryeans of Oran, Mo., Frances Sanders of Cape Girardeau, Wanda Schwartz and Jan Hillman, both of Scott City, and Betty Lentz, of Sikeston.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Theodore Jackson; and a sister, Jewel Elsperman.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Monday until time of service at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kevin Mills officiating. Burial with full military honors will be at noon Monday at the Missouri Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.