- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Controlling free speech
Josef Stalin and Adolf Hitler understood the real goal of "nationalized propaganda" is neither to convince nor even to persuade. Its purpose is to produce a uniform pattern of public talking points and sentiments to shape an uninformed/misinformed public consciousness, systematically instituting "safe" and "acceptable" thought and speech.
The first trace of unauthorized thought revealed in free speech is immediately attacked as an unthinkable offense to our "national consciousness" and "sensibilities." No one understands and utilizes that psychological tool of societal control better today than the Obama socialist-communists who have seized power utilizing Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals." Obama isn't the source. Obama is merely the delivery mechanism.
An immediate backlash from a pervasive liberal cult now dominating news and entertainment media, public education from pre-K through post graduate studies; and political advisers in both major parties act as disciplinarians. They prescribe "what" to think, "what" to say and "how" to say it, "who" and "what" we are to love, and "who" and "what" we are to hate. Any deviation from what they say is acceptable speech is immediately discredited by these authoritarians. Those who thus speak, and their words, are instantly marginalized as being outside the mainstream and on the fringe.
It's time to rise up and fight back while free speech is still possible, punishable only by public criticism. Wake up! Rise up! Speak out! Or soon our punishment will become fines, imprisonment, re-education camps and worse.
JOHN McMILLEN, Sikeston, Mo.