- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. As you hit the stores today for the Black Friday deals and eat leftovers, we hope you'll consider the many wonderful Christmas celebrations coming up.
Yesterday, Hutson's Fine Furniture unveiled its annual Christmas window. The company's employees always do a phenomenal job with this festive display, working through the evening Wednesday so the display is ready Thanksgiving morning. If you haven't stopped by yet, please do.
The 21st annual Parade of Lights will start at 5 p.m. (or at dusk) Sunday. This year's theme is "All I Want for Christmas." The parade begins in Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau and continues down Broadway, making a right on Main Street and ending at Merriwether Street. More than 80 businesses and organizations will have entries.
The Cape Girardeau County Park Holiday of Lights display opened Wednesday afternoon. The display started in 1988 and has grown significantly over the years. In past years between 25,000 and 30,000 cars have taken the free driving tour. The tour includes 200 displays and will be open to the public daily until 11 p.m. through Dec. 31.
The Jackson Jaycee Foundation Christmas Parade is set for 2 p.m. Dec. 1. The theme is "The 12 Days of Christmas." For more information on the parade, call the Jackson Chamber of Commerce at 243-8131.
There are a number of other Christmas festivities on the schedule. Be sure to watch Page 2 and semoevents.com for the latest on these events.
Christmas can be a busy time of year. We hope you take time to enjoy all the festivities, while also spending time with family and remembering the reason for the season.