- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. As you hit the stores today for the Black Friday deals and eat leftovers, we hope you'll consider the many wonderful Christmas celebrations coming up.
Yesterday, Hutson's Fine Furniture unveiled its annual Christmas window. The company's employees always do a phenomenal job with this festive display, working through the evening Wednesday so the display is ready Thanksgiving morning. If you haven't stopped by yet, please do.
The 21st annual Parade of Lights will start at 5 p.m. (or at dusk) Sunday. This year's theme is "All I Want for Christmas." The parade begins in Capaha Park in Cape Girardeau and continues down Broadway, making a right on Main Street and ending at Merriwether Street. More than 80 businesses and organizations will have entries.
The Cape Girardeau County Park Holiday of Lights display opened Wednesday afternoon. The display started in 1988 and has grown significantly over the years. In past years between 25,000 and 30,000 cars have taken the free driving tour. The tour includes 200 displays and will be open to the public daily until 11 p.m. through Dec. 31.
The Jackson Jaycee Foundation Christmas Parade is set for 2 p.m. Dec. 1. The theme is "The 12 Days of Christmas." For more information on the parade, call the Jackson Chamber of Commerce at 243-8131.
There are a number of other Christmas festivities on the schedule. Be sure to watch Page 2 and semoevents.com for the latest on these events.
Christmas can be a busy time of year. We hope you take time to enjoy all the festivities, while also spending time with family and remembering the reason for the season.