- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
SoutheastHEALTH to Open Convenient Care Clinic
SoutheastHEALTH has announced plans for a new convenient care clinic in Jackson. The clinic will be located at 2432 East Main Street and is scheduled to open in April 2013.
Southeast Convenient Care will fill a void that currently exists in the growing Jackson market for additional unscheduled, extended-hour, medical care. "This is another opportunity for SoutheastHEALTH to offer area residents high quality healthcare at a low cost, close to home and is in keeping with continued expansion of our services throughout the region," said SoutheastHEALTH Executive Vice President Jim Limbaugh.
Jackson Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Brian Gerau said, "We are excited to see the continued growth of Jackson along the East Main corridor and want to thank SoutheastHEALTH for its investment in our community."
The clinic will provide an alternative to emergency room visits for patients who do not require complete hospital facility services and eliminates the wait times often associated with an emergency room visit. For patients' convenience, clinic hours are scheduled to be from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
Services will nclude adult and pediatric care, sports and school physicals, pre-employment healthcare, treatment of sports injuries and work-related injuries and more. Imaging and lab services will be available on-site.
The clinic will initially be staffed by physicians, advanced practice registered nurses and appropriate support staff.
Limbaugh said the demand for convenient care will continue to rise as healthcare reform is implemented and demand for all services increases.
SoutheastHEALTH has been a part of the Jackson community since 1990 when the Hospital established its first outreach facility outside Cape Girardeau. Today, Southeast's presence in Jackson includes HealthPoint Fitness and Rehab and Southeast Pharmacy.