- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ernestine Lockhart, 87, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Augusta, Ark., died Saturday, Nov. 17, 2012, in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 6, 1925, in White County, Ark.
Survivors include a son, Floyd H. Lockhart Jr. and daughter-in-law, Elizabeth Lockhart; a grandson, Floyd H. Lockhart III; a granddaughter, Gelanie A. Lockhart, all of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Janice Hughes of Altus, Ark.; several cousins; nieces and nephews; a host of family and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, John and Tommie Larue; her husband of 54 years, Floyd H. Lockhart; four brothers, C.T., John, Glenn and Joe Larue; and a sister, Marie La Plante.
Ernestine owned and operated Ernestine's Dress Shop in Augusta many years. She also served as a substitute postmaster in Gregory, Ark., as well as working at her father-in-law's general store in Gregory. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. today at Augusta Memorial Park in Augusta.
Arrangements by Rhodes and Son Funeral Home in Augusta.