- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Highway Patrol to station troopers at 20-mile intervals
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Those taking to the roads for the Thanksgiving holiday are likely to see Missouri State Highway Patrol troopers stationed along Southeast Missouri interstates.
On Wednesday and Thursday, Troop E officers will take part in the 20-Mile Trooper project in an effort to promote safety and to reduce traffic crashes by assigning a trooper every 20 miles on interstates 55 and 57, and on some secondary roads.