- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sugar Buzz Bakery
1929 Independence St., Cape Girardeau
Hours: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
What delightful items will shoppers find at your store this holiday season?
We have so many items in our bakery. We always have seasonal flavors, from pumpkin pie to eggnog cupcakes. We have a delicious selection of fudge and decorated sugar cookies -- so many choices for your holiday table or even little stocking stuffers.
What is the inspiration for your business?
To bring smiles to many faces! My greatest joy is to see the faces of our customers when they pick up their special occasion cake, or to see the little children's faces through the deli case glass. They always have the biggest eyes and the sweetest smiles when they beg, "I want that one, that one, Mommy."
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
We have such a large variety of goodies, from cupcakes to cream horns and baklava to pies.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
We have done cakes for the same families over and over again, from their wedding day to their baby shower to the first birthday cakes. It is so wonderful to be a part of their special occasions and enjoy so may additions to our Sugar Buzz family.
How long have you been in business?
Sugar Buzz Bakery has been in business since January 2009, although before owning Sugar Buzz Bakery I owned Cupcakes Unusual, which was founded in 2001.