- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Sugar Buzz Bakery
1929 Independence St., Cape Girardeau
Hours: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday
What delightful items will shoppers find at your store this holiday season?
We have so many items in our bakery. We always have seasonal flavors, from pumpkin pie to eggnog cupcakes. We have a delicious selection of fudge and decorated sugar cookies -- so many choices for your holiday table or even little stocking stuffers.
What is the inspiration for your business?
To bring smiles to many faces! My greatest joy is to see the faces of our customers when they pick up their special occasion cake, or to see the little children's faces through the deli case glass. They always have the biggest eyes and the sweetest smiles when they beg, "I want that one, that one, Mommy."
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
We have such a large variety of goodies, from cupcakes to cream horns and baklava to pies.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
We have done cakes for the same families over and over again, from their wedding day to their baby shower to the first birthday cakes. It is so wonderful to be a part of their special occasions and enjoy so may additions to our Sugar Buzz family.
How long have you been in business?
Sugar Buzz Bakery has been in business since January 2009, although before owning Sugar Buzz Bakery I owned Cupcakes Unusual, which was founded in 2001.