- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)3
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Jackson School District giving away bricks from 'Old A' building (6/23/17)2
2012 Toys for Tots Toy Run.
Sunday November 18th 2012. A great day was had by all for Toys for Tots. Over 50 motorcyclists turned out to donate and ride for Toys for Tots and the area food banks. The annual toy ride was organized by the SEMO Harley Owners Group sponsored by Bootheel Harley-Davidson. All walks of like attended this ride no matter what they rode coming together for the area children spreading the holiday spirit. A special thank you to the Cape Girardeau and Jackson Police Departments for the escort through both cities and the Cape Girardeau Elks for hosting the chili dog lunch after the ride. The SEMO Harley Owners Group also donated an additional $500.00 to the Cape Girardeau Elks for the Toys for Tots program.