- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
2012 Toys for Tots Toy Run.
Sunday November 18th 2012. A great day was had by all for Toys for Tots. Over 50 motorcyclists turned out to donate and ride for Toys for Tots and the area food banks. The annual toy ride was organized by the SEMO Harley Owners Group sponsored by Bootheel Harley-Davidson. All walks of like attended this ride no matter what they rode coming together for the area children spreading the holiday spirit. A special thank you to the Cape Girardeau and Jackson Police Departments for the escort through both cities and the Cape Girardeau Elks for hosting the chili dog lunch after the ride. The SEMO Harley Owners Group also donated an additional $500.00 to the Cape Girardeau Elks for the Toys for Tots program.