- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
2012 Toys for Tots Toy Run.
Sunday November 18th 2012. A great day was had by all for Toys for Tots. Over 50 motorcyclists turned out to donate and ride for Toys for Tots and the area food banks. The annual toy ride was organized by the SEMO Harley Owners Group sponsored by Bootheel Harley-Davidson. All walks of like attended this ride no matter what they rode coming together for the area children spreading the holiday spirit. A special thank you to the Cape Girardeau and Jackson Police Departments for the escort through both cities and the Cape Girardeau Elks for hosting the chili dog lunch after the ride. The SEMO Harley Owners Group also donated an additional $500.00 to the Cape Girardeau Elks for the Toys for Tots program.