- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
Busch Pet Products
1720 Kingsway Drive, Suite 105, Cape Girardeau
Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
What delightful items will shoppers find at your store this holiday season?
Besides our full lines of healthy dog and cat food and treats, we carry a lot of unique items not found anywhere else. We have some fabulous pet beds made right here in Cape by Campbell Mattress. A bed, coupled with a duvet by Molly Mutt, is the perfect gift!
What was the inspiration for your business?
My true love of animals was the inspiration for my business. I literally grew up with dogs -- my parents were professional dog showers -- so trying to find a career path away from animals just didn't work.
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
Some people assume that our dog food is expensive because it's all natural. They are pleasantly surprised to find out that just isn't the case, and that our food is much healthier than what they have been feeding their pets.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
I was born and raised in Cape and chose to stay. I'm proud of my upbringing and background and enjoy the size of Cape -- not too big, not too small.
How long have you been in business?
I opened my online store in 2008, expanded into a 750-square-foot store in 2010 and moved into our current 1,800-square-foot location in 2011.