- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Busch Pet Products
1720 Kingsway Drive, Suite 105, Cape Girardeau
Hours: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
What delightful items will shoppers find at your store this holiday season?
Besides our full lines of healthy dog and cat food and treats, we carry a lot of unique items not found anywhere else. We have some fabulous pet beds made right here in Cape by Campbell Mattress. A bed, coupled with a duvet by Molly Mutt, is the perfect gift!
What was the inspiration for your business?
My true love of animals was the inspiration for my business. I literally grew up with dogs -- my parents were professional dog showers -- so trying to find a career path away from animals just didn't work.
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
Some people assume that our dog food is expensive because it's all natural. They are pleasantly surprised to find out that just isn't the case, and that our food is much healthier than what they have been feeding their pets.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
I was born and raised in Cape and chose to stay. I'm proud of my upbringing and background and enjoy the size of Cape -- not too big, not too small.
How long have you been in business?
I opened my online store in 2008, expanded into a 750-square-foot store in 2010 and moved into our current 1,800-square-foot location in 2011.