- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
407 Broadway, Cape Girardeau
Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
What are the main lines of items you sell?
By carrying a variety of fashion-forward clothes and accessories that are perfect for the modern woman, we strive to keep our customers consciously and compassionately stylish. In addition to clothing and accessories, we also carry home décor and gift items. We are most excited about our 100 percent donation items: our wearable compassion and paper beads. We donate 100 percent of the sale back to the charities they support.
What is the inspiration for your business?
Philanthropy opened as a platform for our customers to make a difference. Each store is locally owned and contains its own unique story. To learn the story behind the Cape store, visit www.philanthropyfashion.com/meet-bridget....
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
We are a Christian, locally owned and operated, one-of-a-kind shopping experience. We pledge at least 10 percent of our total sales to designated causes, donating nearly $200,000 in just four short years. In addition to giving to our local community, we donate to organizations in Uganda, southern Sudan and Haiti.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
We strive to grow the vision of giving back to small communities, and Southeast Missouri has some of the most generous hearts that we have ever met. We are motivated daily by our customers and Philanthropy family, as they are cheerful givers and inspiring people of faith.
How long have you been in business?
Philanthropy opened in 2007 and the very first franchise store opened in Cape Girardeau in June.