- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
407 Broadway, Cape Girardeau
Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
What are the main lines of items you sell?
By carrying a variety of fashion-forward clothes and accessories that are perfect for the modern woman, we strive to keep our customers consciously and compassionately stylish. In addition to clothing and accessories, we also carry home décor and gift items. We are most excited about our 100 percent donation items: our wearable compassion and paper beads. We donate 100 percent of the sale back to the charities they support.
What is the inspiration for your business?
Philanthropy opened as a platform for our customers to make a difference. Each store is locally owned and contains its own unique story. To learn the story behind the Cape store, visit www.philanthropyfashion.com/meet-bridgett-part-1-losing-control/.
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
We are a Christian, locally owned and operated, one-of-a-kind shopping experience. We pledge at least 10 percent of our total sales to designated causes, donating nearly $200,000 in just four short years. In addition to giving to our local community, we donate to organizations in Uganda, southern Sudan and Haiti.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
We strive to grow the vision of giving back to small communities, and Southeast Missouri has some of the most generous hearts that we have ever met. We are motivated daily by our customers and Philanthropy family, as they are cheerful givers and inspiring people of faith.
How long have you been in business?
Philanthropy opened in 2007 and the very first franchise store opened in Cape Girardeau in June.