- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
407 Broadway, Cape Girardeau
Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
What are the main lines of items you sell?
By carrying a variety of fashion-forward clothes and accessories that are perfect for the modern woman, we strive to keep our customers consciously and compassionately stylish. In addition to clothing and accessories, we also carry home décor and gift items. We are most excited about our 100 percent donation items: our wearable compassion and paper beads. We donate 100 percent of the sale back to the charities they support.
What is the inspiration for your business?
Philanthropy opened as a platform for our customers to make a difference. Each store is locally owned and contains its own unique story. To learn the story behind the Cape store, visit www.philanthropyfashion.com/meet-bridget....
What may shoppers be surprised by when they visit your store?
We are a Christian, locally owned and operated, one-of-a-kind shopping experience. We pledge at least 10 percent of our total sales to designated causes, donating nearly $200,000 in just four short years. In addition to giving to our local community, we donate to organizations in Uganda, southern Sudan and Haiti.
Why do you enjoy doing business in a small town?
We strive to grow the vision of giving back to small communities, and Southeast Missouri has some of the most generous hearts that we have ever met. We are motivated daily by our customers and Philanthropy family, as they are cheerful givers and inspiring people of faith.
How long have you been in business?
Philanthropy opened in 2007 and the very first franchise store opened in Cape Girardeau in June.