- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- Scott City council hires former SEMO public safety director as city administrator (11/15/17)
Sweet Designs Boutique
120 Broadway, Cape Girardeau
Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
What delightful items will shoppers find at your store this holiday season?
Home décor, gifts, accessories and handmade lines can be found at Sweet Designs. Some of the lines we carry are Archipelago Botanicals, Rewined Candles, The Kelly Rae Roberts Collection, Kitzi Jewelry, Lily and Laura and Nora Fleming decorative serving pieces. We also have our own line of custom wood signs, scarves, wreaths, wine luminaries and Family Established Signs.
What was the inspiration for your business?
The inspiration came from my own line of custom handmade items. I wanted a boutique that would carry quality handmade and unique gifts. I was selling online and in other stores and wanted to have a store that catered to my customers' needs. I also love local handmade items and wanted a store that reflected that.
How long have you been in business?
I just opened in August 2012.