- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Students talk turkey at PCMS
Mary Richardson's sixth graders enjoyed a fun Thanksgiving activity that helped them build their story-writing skills.
"The students each plucked three feathers from the turkey on my bulletin board," Richardson said. "Each feather contained a story element that they used to create a story."
The story elements included people -- including their own teachers and Assistant Principal Mark Phillips -- places like a turkey farm, in a hot air balloon, at an Egyptian pyramid and on a turkey farm. Situations included horrible noises coming from the school office, being stranded on the school roof, and being lost in a snowstorm.