- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)37
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)33
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Third Tuesday Tea Time - Nullification
On November 20th, 2012 at 6:30pm, the Cape County Tea Party (CCTP) will hold its open monthly meeting at the Cape Girardeau Public Library. The meeting is called the Third Tuesday Tea Time and is held on the Third Tuesday of each month to continue the work to complete our Mission as stated below.
This month we begin the work of protecting Missouri and her citizens from the unconstitutional over-reach of the Affordable Care Act through the use of Nullification of Federal Law. Our speaker, Mark Herr, will present information on this topic
Mark has helped organize the Mid-South Tea Party into a productive and effective team-based structure based upon the strengths and passions of members. Working with local, state, and federal teams, the Mid-South Tea Party was critical in defeating an Animal Control Ordinance, lowering the property tax, opposing Agenda 21, and much more. He has been critical in coordinating a state-wide Tea Party alliance, bringing together Tea Party groups in Tennessee on a quarterly basis.
Currently, he is working to build relationships with Tea Parties & Liberty Groups throughout Tennessee and help them build relationships with legislators to enable & enact a Tea Party Legislative Agenda...he is working to get the Health Care Compact (and soon the Education, Energy, and Banking Compacts) passed in TN...he is also working to abolish so-called 'Sustainable Development' in his county
...and he is an amateur radio host of The Mid-South Tea Party Radio Show.
He does all of this because he believes the Tea Party is the last barrier to overreaching Federal Government, the therapist for under-reaching State Government, and the educator of the General Public who must ultimately "restore Government Of the People, By the People, and For the People."
And finally, as an avid golfer who gave up the sport to work to save his country, he hopes someday to golf again...as much as the President does.
The goals of each meeting are to:
- Disseminate topical information that affects CCTP members and the community at large (typically a speaker)
- Engage the attendees in a form of activism to work toward the completion of our mission
- Increase the membership of the CCTP
Everyone is invited regardless of party or ideology! We hope you will attend! Expect homework!
For more information, see the TTTT link on our website:
|- Brian Bollmannemail@example.com|
|- Jan Farrarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|- Jeannie Hinckemail@example.com|
|- Tom Youngfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Our mission is to attract, educate, organize and mobilize fellow citizens to secure Public Policy consistent with Fiscal Responsibility, Founding Principles and Constitutionally Limited Government under God.