- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
People on the Move 11/19/12
Mueller recognized by Infection Control Today
Nancy Mueller, materials manager for SoutheastHEALTH, was recognized by Infection Control Today for her work in SoutheastHEALTH's central sterile department. Mueller was recognized as part of International Central Sterile Supply Department Week. Mueller and the central sterile department clean and disinfect equipment to prevent infections.
Moore completes financial needs course
Nicole Moore of Altenburg, Mo., completed Kaplan Financial's needs analysis course for Modern Woodmen of America. The course is designed to help financial representatives analyze and explain client insurance needs and determine their best solutions.
Cuba attends First Allied council meeting
Rick Cuba of Cuba Financial Group recently attended the First Allied Chairman Emeritus Council's meeting in Austin, Texas. At the meeting, Cuba discussed management and advisory issues affecting First Allied representatives.
Willis earns certification in financial planning
David Willis of Wells Fargo earned his financial planner certification. Willis is certified to help clients with financial planning, risk management, investments, taxes, retirement and estate planning. He has worked with Wells Fargo for more than 20 years. Willis earned his bachelor's degree of business management from Southeast Missouri State University.
Bender recognized at surgeons' meeting
Dr. Edward M. Bender of Cape Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery was recognized in a speech at the 48th annual meeting of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., earlier this year. Michael J. Mack, M.D., president of Society of Thoracic Surgeons, cited Bender's work with iPhone and iPad apps to help thoracic surgical education.
Trendsetters adds two student mentors
Christy York of Chester, Ill., and Madeline Davis of Sikeston, Mo., were named mentors in Trendsetters School of Cosmetology's Mentor Every New Trendsetters Student program. Trendsetters honored York and Davis for their leadership and teamwork.
-- From staff reports