- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
People on the Move 11/19/12
Mueller recognized by Infection Control Today
Nancy Mueller, materials manager for SoutheastHEALTH, was recognized by Infection Control Today for her work in SoutheastHEALTH's central sterile department. Mueller was recognized as part of International Central Sterile Supply Department Week. Mueller and the central sterile department clean and disinfect equipment to prevent infections.
Moore completes financial needs course
Nicole Moore of Altenburg, Mo., completed Kaplan Financial's needs analysis course for Modern Woodmen of America. The course is designed to help financial representatives analyze and explain client insurance needs and determine their best solutions.
Cuba attends First Allied council meeting
Rick Cuba of Cuba Financial Group recently attended the First Allied Chairman Emeritus Council's meeting in Austin, Texas. At the meeting, Cuba discussed management and advisory issues affecting First Allied representatives.
Willis earns certification in financial planning
David Willis of Wells Fargo earned his financial planner certification. Willis is certified to help clients with financial planning, risk management, investments, taxes, retirement and estate planning. He has worked with Wells Fargo for more than 20 years. Willis earned his bachelor's degree of business management from Southeast Missouri State University.
Bender recognized at surgeons' meeting
Dr. Edward M. Bender of Cape Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery was recognized in a speech at the 48th annual meeting of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., earlier this year. Michael J. Mack, M.D., president of Society of Thoracic Surgeons, cited Bender's work with iPhone and iPad apps to help thoracic surgical education.
Trendsetters adds two student mentors
Christy York of Chester, Ill., and Madeline Davis of Sikeston, Mo., were named mentors in Trendsetters School of Cosmetology's Mentor Every New Trendsetters Student program. Trendsetters honored York and Davis for their leadership and teamwork.
-- From staff reports