- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Veterans Day support
Thank you to everyone who assisted in a successful Veterans Day Parade and Patriotic Ceremony in Jackson.
On behalf of the American Legion Post 158 and VFW Post 10495 of Jackson, we appreciate the community efforts and participation in this parade. The Veterans Day parade is a very special event in our community to honor veterans and their great dedication to our country.
It is important to always remember all veterans who risked their lives to protect the freedoms of this wonderful country.
Once again, thanks to everyone who participated in the Veterans Day activities in Jackson. May God bless the United States of America.
DAVID LUDWIG, Americanism chair,
American Legion Post 158, Jackson