- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)7
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Veterans Day support
Thank you to everyone who assisted in a successful Veterans Day Parade and Patriotic Ceremony in Jackson.
On behalf of the American Legion Post 158 and VFW Post 10495 of Jackson, we appreciate the community efforts and participation in this parade. The Veterans Day parade is a very special event in our community to honor veterans and their great dedication to our country.
It is important to always remember all veterans who risked their lives to protect the freedoms of this wonderful country.
Once again, thanks to everyone who participated in the Veterans Day activities in Jackson. May God bless the United States of America.
DAVID LUDWIG, Americanism chair,
American Legion Post 158, Jackson