- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Veterans Day support
Thank you to everyone who assisted in a successful Veterans Day Parade and Patriotic Ceremony in Jackson.
On behalf of the American Legion Post 158 and VFW Post 10495 of Jackson, we appreciate the community efforts and participation in this parade. The Veterans Day parade is a very special event in our community to honor veterans and their great dedication to our country.
It is important to always remember all veterans who risked their lives to protect the freedoms of this wonderful country.
Once again, thanks to everyone who participated in the Veterans Day activities in Jackson. May God bless the United States of America.
DAVID LUDWIG, Americanism chair,
American Legion Post 158, Jackson