- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Virgie J. Sadler, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2012, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born Nov. 17, 1916, in Dongola, Mo., to Charles Elmer and Lucy A. Rowe Eaker. She and William D. "Woody" Sadler were married May 17, 1942, at Cape Girardeau. He died Feb. 29, 2004.
Virgie worked for Superior Electric Co. in Cape Girardeau for more than 38 years. She was a member of Red Star Baptist Church and attended the Sunday school class.
Survivors include two sisters, Dorothy Sadler and Dean Ross of Cape Girardeau; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, two sisters and a brother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Red Star Baptist Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.